About our Research Facilities
NMN's sole in-house research facility.
Facility name: Ginza Research Institute (Life Science Lab)
Address: 6F Prairie Ginza Building, 1-14-4 Ginza, Chuo-ku, Tokyo
Research staff: 1 Doctor (Medicine), 1 Doctor (Engineering), 1 Doctor (Science), 1 Master (Agricultural and Life Sciences)
Clinic Laboratory Head Sean Johnson
Full name: Sean Johnson
Lakeland University, Department of Biology, B.S.
Washington University in Saint Louis,
Department of Developmental Biology, Ph.D.
Foundation for Biomedical Research and Innovation at Kobe (FBRI) Advanced Medical Research Center, Aging Mechanism Research Department
Tokyo Ginza Wellness & Aging Clinic
Clinic Laboratory Chief
Doctor of Engineering Noriaki Shimizu (CTO)
Full name: Noriaki Shimizu
Tokyo Institute of Technology, Faculty of Life Science and Technology, Graduate
Graduate School of Life Science and Technology, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Graduate School of Life Science and Technology, Postdoctoral Course
Special Researcher (PD), Japan Society for the Revitalization of Science
Researcher, Japan Society for the Revitalization of Science, International Joint Research Acceleration Fund
Special Lecturer, Institute of Medical Science, The University of Tokyo
Visiting researcher, Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Royal Swedish Institute Karolinska
Part-time Lecturer, Faculty of Medicine, Tokyo Medical University
Japanese Society of Endocrinology 36th Research Award
Japanese Society for Steroid Hormone Research 1st Research Encouragement Award
Doctor of Medicine Yuki Yoshida
Full name: Yuki Yoshida
Japan Women's University, Faculty of Home Economics, Department of Home Economics
Nagasaki University, Graduate School of Medicine, Doctoral Course
Mitsubishi Chemical Life Science Institute, Ltd.
National Hospital Organisation Nagasaki Medical Centre and Liver Disease Research Centre
RIKEN Research Centre for Immunology and Allergy Science
Science and Technology Research Organisation ERATO-SORST Kitano Symbiotic Systems Project
Sony Computer Science Laboratories Inc.
Best Paper Award
Doctor of Science Motoo Suzuki
Full name: Motoo Suzuki
Graduated from Saitama University, Faculty of Science
Saitama University, Graduate School of Science and Engineering, Post-doctoral Course, Post-doctoral Course
Postdoctoral fellow, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey
Kagawa University, Faculty of Medicine, Assistant Professor
Best papers award, 73rd Annual Meeting of the Genetics Society of Japan
Master (Agronomy Life Science) Ishimura Marina
Full name: Marina Ishimura
Hirosaki University, Faculty of Agriculture and Life Sciences, graduated
Hirosaki University Graduate School of Agriculture and Life Sciences, completed the bachelor’s program
Research partner organisations
- University of Washington School of Medicine
- Prof Shinichiro Imai Lab, Washington University, St Louis, Missouri, Department of Developmental Biology and Medicine (adjunct).
- Institute for Research on Productive Ageing (IRPA)
- Systems Biology Research Organisation
- Yamaguchi University Faculty of Medicine and Graduate School
- Yamaguchi University, Faculty of Medicine
- Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST) *Partnership Agreement
- October 2020
- Developing and deepening NMN research on companion animals.
Start of joint research with the Yamaguchi University Faculty of Veterinary Medicine (Prof. Toru Kimura: Department of Biofunctional Science, Laboratory Animal Science).
- Apr 2020.
- Research initiated to strengthen immunity with NMN to prevent and treat infections such as COVID - 19 (novel coronavirus).
- February 2020
- 'Elucidation of the effects of NMN on sperm function and fertilisation' in collaboration with the Graduate School of Integrated Biosciences, Hiroshima University (Prof Masayuki Shimada).
- Dec 2019.
- MaterialDonation Agreement (MDA) for NMN products to Washington University, St Louis, Missouri, completed.
- Nov 2019.
- Joint patent application rights were granted to Professor Taiki Setoyama and Professor Tian Kangdong of Kyushu University, National University Corporation, for 'Discovery of the enhancement effect of coenzyme Q in vivo by β-NMN'.
- Jul 2019.
- 'Longevity and anti-ageing effects in dogs in response to NMN administration: confirmation of improvement effects on blood components and intestinal microflora following activation of longevity genes', conducted in collaboration with the Yamaguchi University School of Veterinary Medicine (Professor Toru Kimura: Department of Biological Functional Studies, Laboratory Animal Science).
- November 2018
- Research programme to elucidate the molecular biological mechanisms of action of NMN started with the non-profit organisation Systems Biology Research Organisation.
- January 2017
- The world's first multifaceted clinical study on the effects and mechanism of action of NMN taken orally (24 weeks) was conducted at the Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences, National University Corporation Hiroshima University.
- 2F Prairie Ginza Bldg. 1-14-4 Ginza, Chuo-ku, Tokyo See Map
2-minute walk from Ginza 1-chome Station (Exit 10) on the Yurakucho Line
2 minutes walk from Exit A-3 of Takaracho Station on the Toei Asakusa Line
Tokyo Expressway, Shin-Kyobashi 2 min.
Shin-Kyobashi Parking Lot 5 min. walk
Mitsui’s Repark Ginza 1-chome No. 8 Parking Lot 6 min. walk
Make Your Reservation
|10:00 - 19:00||●||Closed||●||●||●||●||Closed|